Call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Who we are
We Love You is a movement from DoSomething.org dedicated to preventing suicide. Alongside five amazing organizations, we are connecting users with the resources they need to
- See the Signs
- Save a Life
- Spread the Word
1. See The Signs
Is someone I know considering suicide?
- The person is isolated from family and friends.
- Have they changed radically (eating or sleeping too much or little, engaging risky behavior like driving too fast).
- The person makes statements about nobody listening to them, wanting to die, or not being around for much longer.
2. Save a Life
How do I reach out to this person?
- Listen seriously to the person. Don't shrug it off like a joke or like it's not a big deal.
- Talk to them directly, offering your support. Just knowing that somebody cares can be reassuring to your friend.
- Tell the person to talk to a parent, counselor, or someone that they trust.
- Also suggest help websites and phone numbers such as the helpline above or the organizations listed to the right.
3. Spread the Word
How do I tell others about this?
- Use your Facebook or Twitter to share this page.
- Post flyers around school and in the community with the name and contact info of counseling services so more people can confidentially reach out for help.
- Volunteer with a suicide prevention organization.
- Do a school project and present it in the class or at an assembly.
<img src="http://www.dosomething.org/files/weheartyou0907editedfinal.JPG" />