Do you want to change the world? Do you want to help rid the world of cancer? Then Do Something!
DoSomething.org's Give A Spit About Cancer campaign is back this year and it is bigger and better than ever. In partnership with Be the Match, Do Something is searching for college students to run bone marrow donor registration drives on campus. The program aims to launch drives on over 200 college campuses and sign up 15,000 new donors.
There’s a real need for registered bone marrow donors in the US. And you can help. Leukemia kills more children every year than any other disease and only 30% of patients in need of a bone marrow can find a match within their family. The other 70% rely on complete strangers, and 60% of patients never receive the donations they need.