Scavenger hunts are beyond much fun, and a great outdoor team-building summer activity. Host a scavenger hunt with a green theme. Take some of our suggestions, and think of your own things to find.
Things to collect:
- Five pieces of garbage from a public place, and five pieces from within a block of where you live
- Three pamphlets available where you live about something environmentally friendly
- A freshly picked flower
- One edible thing that grows in your neighborhood
Things to find:
- Identify five plant species and three animal species in a local park
- One piece of food that comes from less than 100 miles away
- One piece of food that comes from over 1000 miles away
- Four vegetarians
Things to learn:
- Where is the nearest place to rent a bike?
- Where is the nearest landfill? How big is it?
- What days are recycling collected?
- Which stores sell local meat and produce?
Things to snap a digital picture of:
- The tallest tree you can find
- A flower of every color of the rainbow (good luck with blue!)
- Three different sports games going on
- Four people using different modes of transportation that don't use oil