|Type of Survey||Questionnaires||Interviews|
|Explanation and examples.||Specific questions with a choice of answers. Example:|
Should animals be tested on?
|Less specific questions that allow people to respond freely. Example:|
- Do you think animals should be tested on?
- Are there any benefits from it?
- On a scale from 1-10, how against animal testing are you?
|Why it is good|
- Can be handed out and collected later.
- It doesn’t need a lot of people to do.
- Easy to summarize.
- Involves people more.
- Allows range of answers to be recorded.
- Insures responses on all surveys taken.
|Why it is not so good|
- People might fill it out as a joke.
- Questions might be confusing (and people won’t fill it out)
- Takes more people and time.
- Harder to summarize general responses.