Is your school behind the green times? Help get things moving! Brainstorm some ideas on how your school can save energy every day, and present your case to the principal.
Here's a list to get you started:
- Have a lights out day at your school.
- Green your next school dance.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFBs). Ask school administration to replace the old bulbs with these. Three CFBs will save 300 pounds of carbon dioxide and $60 per year!
- Use recycled paper and save 5 lbs. of carbon dioxide per ream of paper.
- Adjust the thermostat down two degrees in the winter and up two degrees in the summer. That can save up to 2000 lbs. of carbon dioxide and 98 bucks a year.
Now that you've got the eco-ball rolling, check out these ways to help fight global warming. GO