Maybe you don't have a radio station, but you can still have an audience listen to you. Record an internet podcast program that can be downloaded for listening on computers, mp3 players, and cell phones. You don't have to be a computer whiz. Podcasting is for anyone, so let the world hear about your cause.
Spread the news! Ask people to download your show onto their computers and MP3 players. Consider putting it on iTunes. Here's a quick 411:
- What will you say? Write down a general idea about what you're going to cover on your podcast before you start to record anything. Is this going to be a series or a one time thing? How can you differentiate your podcast from the millions out there?
- Think about making a series. If you plan on making this an ongoing thing, plan ahead. You can get inspiration from the“Top Podcasts” list in the iTunes store for you to check out for free. What about them catches your interest? What can you learn from them to make yours just as good?
- Write a script. Now that you’ve got it all figured out, it’s time to get those thoughts on paper. Writing a script that you follow completely will end up sounding stiff. Stick to bullet points of what you want to cover and the stats or specific information about each topic.
- Practice! Do a few test runs beforehand. Your passion might come through your voice better if you imagine you are speaking to a person right in front of you.
- Record your audio. Find recording software that is easy to use. Shop for software(like Mixcraft and GarageBand) or you can download a free alternative like Audacity. Whichever you choose, the programs provide easy tutorials. Keep in mind that you’ll need a microphone.
- Press save! After you're done, convert your audio file to MP3 format when you save it. That will let your listeners open and hear the file.
- Upload the thing. Now it’s time to get your podcast on the Internet. We could go through the tech-heavy, difficult way to do it, but we know that easier is better. There are tons of sites online that will help you post a recording in a few easy steps. Try:
This will make it accessible to millions of people. Who knows? You could become the next Internet sensation!
- Open iTunes
- Head to the iTunes Store
- Click on Podcasts
- Hit the "Submit a Podcast" button and follow the guide
- Once it's on iTunes, post the link on your FaceBook, Twitter, blog...everywhere and anywhere!