Normal picnics are overrated. Who wants to spend the day trashing Mama Earth using anti-green products? (Not us, obv.) If you want to have a day outside, try this.
- Bring baggage (literally). Pack your food in tote bags or go vintage with an old-fashioned picnic basket.
- Serve locally grown foods. Food grown close to you = the fewer carbon emissions when shipped and fresher taste.
- Keep your mouth stain free with cloth napkins or paper napkins made of 100% recyclable paper. Don't forget biodegradable dishes and utensils.
- Break a sweat by choosing a location you can walk, hike or bike to. Soccer and Frisbee are great ways to stay active and to show off your athletic side.
- No one wants to relax in your garbage (ew). Bring a compostable garbage bag to put your trash in.
A few last tips
- Pack sunscreen and bug repellent with all natural ingredients.
- Buy a collapsible water bag that you can fill up at home.
- Bring reusable tins and canisters or wrap the food in aluminum foil that you can recycle.
- Bring back empty cans and bottles for recycling.
- Avoid Styrofoam whenever possible. It is bad for wildlife and is not biodegradable.