Encourage friends, classmates, and neighbors to donate gently-used, clean blankets with a community or school blanket drive. And help someone homeless stay warm on cold nights.
- Find a local homeless shelter or organization that will accept your donations before you start collecting.
- Set a date and location for the drive. Think:
- Your school lunchroom/classroom (make sure you have permission from a school official).
- A local church
- Community center
- Spread the word
- Make flyers to put up in your school and around your neighborhood.
- Create a Facebook page or group.
- Ask people to promote it on Twitter.
- Set a goal and have daily updates showing how close you are to it.
- Tally your final numbers. And publically announce the results, thanking everyone who chipped in.
- Drop off your donation.
For more ways to take action around this issue, click here. GO