Giving money or food is an amaze-balls way to help someone homeless. But, wouldn’t it be great if your gift could be stretched farther than a buck or two? We’ve got some tips on how.
- Bag It Up. Get a box of the large Ziploc freezer bags. Or a backpack (the dollar store should have great steals).
- Get Supplies. Think:
- Kleenex pocket tissues
- Moist/Antibacterial Wipes
- Mouth Wash/Gum
- Gift cards to Starbucks or the Grocery Store
- Bottled Water
- Granola Bars/Snacks
- Sanitary Products
- Address book of local services
- Give out your stash. Donate the packages to your local shelter or soup kitchen.
For more ways to take action, check out our Homelessness Action Guides. GO