A great way to raise awareness about an issue (and to show off your fashion style) is to make T-shirts. Follow these easy steps for making a shirt that everyone will be talking about (in a good way).
Make It Look Clean
Puffy-paint is for elementary school. If you want people to take what you're wearing seriously, try ordering printed t-shirts from:
You can also take a blank shirt and iron on fabric letters that you find at an arts and crafts store.
Make a Slogan
Everyone loves those "I Heart Boobies" bracelets because they are catchy. Your slogan needs to grab a person's attention (without violating school dress code). Some ideas:
- Front: Every 26 seconds... Back:...someone drops out of high school.
- Front: I'm into petting. Back: Animals should not be neglected.
- Front: Teen pregnancy is 100% preventable.
If you want, also use your project's logo or your own design to emphasize the T-shirt's statement.
Have a Call to Action
What do you want people to do about it? After your slogan, display information about...
- The event you are advertising
- A website people can visit
- A simple thing someone can do (i.e. recycle every plastic bottle you use)
Check out other ways you can to take action. GO