If you don't know what blogging is, we have to ask, "Where have you been?"
"Blog" is an abbreviated version of "weblog," a term used to describe web sites that maintain an ongoing chronicle of information. A blog is a frequently updated, personal website featuring diary-type commentary. There are blogs online about just about everything; some people write about their lives, the good, the bad and the ugly, others blog about politics or current events. So, yes, there’s plenty of room out there for your blog about your cause.
- Write the blog with personality, people want to hear opinions
- Talk about current events with a focus on your cause or issue
- Partner with other blogs and share links
- Use video whether you create it or just embed it from youtube
- Use http://www.feedburner.com to make your RSS feed more viral
- The more frequent you can post the better, but quality content matters the most even if you only have something to say once every couple weeks
- Be concise, a post should be between a few sentences to a couple paragraphs in most cases
- For more tips on going viral with your cause check out our online website training.
You can create blogs for free on the following sites.
Now get blogging!