11 Facts About Fitness
- The human body has 650 muscles.
- The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming.
- The heart is the strongest muscle in the body.
- Nearly 50 percent of all young people ages 12-21 are not vigorously active on a daily basis.
- For every pound of muscle gained, the body burns 50 extra calories every day.
- Only 13 percent of men are physically fit.
- More than 30 percent of children ages 6 to 11 are overweight, and over 15 percent are obese.
- On average, a person walks 70,000 miles in their lifetime.
- Roughly 4,000 children and teenagers begin smoking every day.
- Exercise makes you feel more energized because it releases endorphins into the blood.
- Movement in exercise helps relieve stress by producing a relaxation response which serves as a position distraction.
Host an exercise expert at your school. GO
Sources: Web MD, Visual