Everyone knows who Tom Cruise is. He has been in a zillion movies, and he's is turning the big 5-0 today. But we know there are some things you're dying to know...
Can you ‘handle the truth?’
- Mission NOT impossible: Tom is open about growing up with dyslexia and ADHD.
- He once rescued a woman from a hit and run accident. He even took her to the hospital and paid for her injuries.
- He saved two people from a burning sailboat (again with the rescues!).
- The heroic antics aren’t over yet. The superman-like actor pushed two tots out of the way from an oncoming crowd. (We told you.)
- Tom is founding Board Member for the Hollywood Education and Literacy Project, which is an organization that helps students learn to read.
- As a student he was bullied regularly in the 15 different schools he attended.
- He was honored for his philanthropic actions in 2007 at a charity gala by Mentor LA.
- In Japan, October 10th is “Tom Cruise Day.”
- He enrolled in seminary school at 14 to become a priest.
- He was voted the Hollywood Star Americans want to see least on the big screen. What’s with all the hate people?
- Tom visited wounded war soldiers in Germany when on tour for “Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol.”
Now it's time for you to do some action-star-worthy missions yourself.
Sign Up for 11 Days of Missions GO