A huge birthday shout out to our girl Beyoncé! In honor of the Queen B’s big 3-1, we’ve put together a list of the top five reasons why we <3 her.
- “I Was Here…” at the UN. The Grammy-winning singer recently performed her new song in front of a live audience (we were there!) at the UN General Assembly Hall in NYC. She donated the vid to the UN’s effort to raise awareness around World Humanitarian Day.
- The Survivor Foundation. Beyoncé co-founded the org, which looks to help displaced families and individuals who have been affected by disasters, with friend Kelly Rowland. The foundation also provides assistance to people suffering from HIV/AIDS and homelessness.
- Blue Ivy. Not only is she adorable, but Bey and Jay-Z have got quite the celeb gone good in the making. The couple donated a majority of the baby gifts they received to charity on Blue Ivy’s behalf.
- The Beyoncé Cosmetology Center. The pop star and her mom founded the center that provides opportunities for recovering addicts to learn job skills.
- “Cadillac Records.” B shined both on screen and off with this 2008 hit. She donated $4 million (her salary from the film) to the Phoenix House, a drug and alcohol treatment center.
Take a page outta Beyoncé’s book and do something today.