Spring is here. The weather's getting warmer, and you'll start to feel like getting out of the house. Step away from the DVD collection. Here are some suggestions on what kind of project you might be best suited for based on what you like to do after school.
- Talk to your principal about organizing students to paint a mural on a wall at school or in the town that could use some brightening up.
- Instead of a bake sale for a cause, try selling student artwork.
- Organize a soccer team for a local elementary school.
- Lead a walk for charity.
- Start a tutoring group at a local elementary school.
- Hold a book drive for books bought during the school year students no longer need.
The Flower Child
- Have your band or choir make a video to show the importance of music education.
- Have an instrument drive encouraging adults who haven't touched their instrument since high school to donate it to a needy school.
- Develop a Facebook app to combat cyber bullying to enter in Inspire USA Foundation's contest.
- Teach a computer class at your local community center.