Jul 10 - Jul 20
people did it
Day 10 of Hunt Brings GREAT Water Conservation Ideas
Yesterday, agents all over the country helped conserve energy. Check out these cool stats that YOU were a part of:
- 966 people turned their AC no lower than 78 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the perfect temp for your AC - saving you energy and money.
- 5525 unused electronics were unplugged from the wall. This saves energy because even when not in use, electronics waste energy when they are plugged in.
Here are 11 ideas from agents on ways to save water:
1. Take shorter showers.
2. Turn off the tap while brushing teeth.
3. Water lawns when the sun is rising or setting.
4. Purchase low-flow toilets, pipes and showerheads.
5. Reduce your overall water usage.
6. Do laundry once a week, each with a full load.
7. Take your car to a car wash that uses reclaimed water.
8. Use rainwater to water plants and gardens.
9. Don't pre-rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
10. Don't run washing machine until full.
11. Don't thaw food in water.