Do Something Seed Grants
What is a Do Something Seed Grant?:
Are you working to start a community action project or program? Do you need money to put your ideas into action? If you answered, "YES!", you are eligible to apply for a Do Something Seed Grant. We give out a $500 Do Something every week to help young people just like YOU!
These grants can be used towards project ideas and programs that are just getting started, or to jump-start your program and realize your ideas for the first time. These grants can also be used towards projects that are already developed and sustainable, towards the next steps of your project and organization to help you as you look to expand your project and grow your impact.
How much?: $500
How many are you giving out?: One a week!
Deadline: None! Apply now! You will be notified whether or not you have won within 2-3 months after submission.
Steps to Apply:
- Create a Project Posting for your existing project.
- Check out our Judging Criteria for help with your application.
- Fill out an Online Application.
- Check out the FAQ if you have more questions
- A budget detailing how the $500 will be used
- A recommendation from a non-family member
Optional (but Recommended)
- Photos and video of your project
- Your project's website
- The applicant must be 25 OR UNDER.
- The applicant must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen (You will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win).
- You can APPLY for as many grants as you'd like, but you can only win ONE grant from Do Something in a twelve month period (excluding the Do Something Award).
DO SOMETHING GRANTS CANNOT BE USED TO FUND:
- Travel Costs (If you are looking for grants to help you cover a travel abroad experience check out mytravelbug.org or studyabroadfunding.org)
- Individual Sponsorships
- Shipping Costs
- Individual School Fees (Do Something Grants are not educational scholarships)