Healthy School FAQs
Got questions? Here are some answers.
Who’s eligible to win the scholarship?
You’ve got to be 25 years old or younger and live in the U.S. or Canada, and you must have reported back on your project by January 1st, 2010 (1/1/2011)
When’s the deadline?
You’ve got to register and submit your project by January 1st 2010 to be eligible to win the scholarship. After that you’ll still be able to submit your project and get featured on the site, but you won’t be able to win.
What do I have to do?
Register anywhere on the site and get started on your healthy living project.
- Already done a project when you register? Awesome- head over to Report Back to tell us all about it and officially enter the scholarship contest.
- Registered, but still have to start your project? If you need ideas check out the Take Action section, or get inspired in the Health & Fitness section of our site.
What are the judging criteria?
Projects are judged within these 3 criteria: Creativity, Awareness and Impact.
- Creativity. You can come up with a creative way to make your school healthier (dance party gym class, anyone?), find fun ways to get your classmates involved & taking action through your project, or cool ways to raise awareness about your project and the Challenge. The sky’s the limit.
- Impact. If it’s you and 4 friends doing your project or just you running solo, get as many people involved as you can. Got a petition? Get your whole school to sign it. Starting an organic garden? Get the junior class to volunteer to plant seeds or donate supplies. Think big.
- Awareness Once you submit your project it’ll get its own URL. Send it to everyone you know- use the Facebook and Twitter buttons to Share and Tweet it out, get your friends to show others.
Can I submit more than one project?
Absolutely- we’d actually love for you to submit more than one! Just make sure you keep track of everything you’re doing for each project so you can let us know all the great stuff you did.
More questions? Email HealthySchools@dosomething.org