The One Big Idea
DoSomething.org seeks to create a worldwide movement of young people kicking ass on causes they care about and making the world a better place. Because, let's be honest: apathy sucks.
Check out our recent quarterly dashboard  to read about our success. We don’t like to brag--so we let the numbers do it for us.
11 Facts About DoSomething.org in 2012
- 2.4 million young people took action through our campaigns  in 2012.
- We have 1,666,208 members  doing badass stuff to improve their communities and the world.
- Our 977,781 mobile subscribers take action and text us all about it.
- 329,361 people like us on Facebook. 
- 610,271 people follow us on Twitter. 
- We gave young people $240,000 in scholarships  in 2012.
- We increased our campaign signups by 590% from 2011 to 2012.
- Our members collected 1,020,041 pairs of jeans for homeless youth through our Teens for Jeans campaign.
- Our members recycled over 1.2 million aluminum cans through our 50 Cans  campaign.
- Our members donated 316,688 books to school libraries through our Epic Book Drive. 
- 67,808 members stood up to bullying through our Bully Text campaign.