Encourage your family and friends to reduce, reuse, recycle, and recover around the house. We've got some easy tips to help you create a better world and home.
In the kitchen
- Before running your dishwasher, fill it up to consume less energy. Don’t forget to turn off the heat drying option!
- Use eco-friendly plates, pots and pans.
- Stock your fridge since a full fridge consumes less energy than an empty one.
- Shop in bulk to reduce packaging.
- Reuse containers, aluminum foil and packaging.
- Save energy by switching to compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Recycle and replace your old plasma TV with an energy-efficient LED model.
- Make sure your living room windows are sealed, especially during the winter.
- Rather than a toxin-free mattress, choose an organic wool or cotton-filled mattress.
- Reuse your old bedroom furniture by restoring it, or shop at thrift and antique stores.
- Buy cotton or bamboo bedding.
- Sleep with clean air by installing filters, purifiers or fans.
- Recycle old E-waste such as computers, CDs, DVDs, video game counsels, and other electronics wasting away in your room.
- Save energy by filling your washer and dryer.
- Revamp old clothes to fit your current style.
- Wash clothes in cold water or turn down your water heater.
- Use eco-friendly detergents.
- Show off your green thumb by planting flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Grow a vegetable garden.
- Get rid of toxic pesticide and fertilizers by using more eco-friendly alternatives.
- Switch to a newer push lawn mower that uses less energy.
Tell us what you're doing. GO