Raise AIDS awareness for Africa!
Educate yourself and spread the information on why people in Africa are more prone to get HIV/AIDS than Americans.
Educate others on why people in Africa are greater risk to contract HIV/AIDS.
Center your awareness campaign around an event.
You can plan a:
- charity sports game
- fashion show
- music concert
Secure a space from your school.
Set a date to use the gym or auditorium. Also:
- If you're hosting a sports event, ask the athletic department to provide the equipment.
- If you're hosting a fashion show or music concert, work with the performing arts department to find people to run lights, sound, backstage operations, etc.
Get your friends and classmates involved.
They can be the team players, runway models, or musicians performing.
Project the facts on a screen or blank wall.
During the event, use a projector to display HIV in Africa facts in between the athletic plays or runway walks. For a music event, project the facts during the appropriate songs you choose to relate to the issue.
Some stats you can display:
- 2/3 of all cases of HIV/AIDS occurs in Africa.
- 1 in 5 adults in South Africa has HIV.
- 3/4 of HIV-related deaths occur in Africa.
- More: Facts about HIV in Africa