When people think of sun protection they usually think sunscreen but did you know that wide-brimmed hats can also protect you from the sun? Spread the news by hosting a hat day at school. It’s a great way to spread the word about the importance of sun protection.
- Get permission. Talk to the powers that be and get the okay first.
- Spread the news. See if you can get a bulletin board where you can post signs and sun safety tips.
- Be creative. Have a competition where students create a sun safety Public Service Announcement (PSA). The winning PSAs can be presented to the entire school population at an assembly.
- Use your resources. Announce your plans during morning announcements over the p.a. system or during homeroom. Be sure to include the UV Index forecast and some sun safety tips.
- Be in the know. Get some helpful tips from DoSomething.org on how to have an awareness campaign  about sun safety.