Get some funds behind your cause!
Fundraisers can be more involved than you think – throw in some competition to get everyone involved. Set up a 5K run for your cause and get people in the know. Don’t worry; people can also walk it!
- Talk to your school or community center. You’ll need a track or space that measures 5 kilometers (3.1 miles).
- Find some sponsors.Ask the managers or owners of restaurants, supermarkets, or other stores to offer gift cards to the race’s winners.
- Put up posters around school and community spaces. Include:
- Your cause
- The race’s entrance fee
- The prize for the winners
- Who to contact to enter the race
- Get your volunteers together. Give your friends, classmates, and family all jobs to perform on the big day.
- Map out your course. Make it clear where a person starts and finishes.
- Check people in.
- Collect their donation entrance fee
- Write down their name
- Assign them a number to wear during the race
- Race time! Give a clear start to the race. When every runner is on the way, book it to the finish line to record everyone’s 5K times.
- Hand out the prizes. Hold a small ceremony near the finish line to celebrate your top runners.
- Thank everyone for coming. Stress that everyone helped your cause and hand out some information about where the donations will go.