The do's and don'ts.
Our troops go above and beyond. They selflessly lay their lives on the line to protect us. In honor of all they do, why not send a care package to show your appreciation. Here’s how.
- Locate a troop. You can use orgs like Give2TheTroops  to find servicemen and women who would appreciate your kind show of support.
- Know what’s needed. Make sure the items you’re putting in your package can actually be used. Check out this list  for the do’s and don’ts of care package sending.
- Get travel-size. It’s a lot easier for troops to carry around with them.
- Don’t mix. Food and non-food items should NOT be sent in the same package . Think chocolate chip cookies that taste like soap because the two have been sitting next to each other for a month (how long it could take to reach soldiers). Gross right?
- Organize your friends. Divide the list of supplies amongst your friends. Someone can get the baked goods, another magazines, someone else toiletries, etc.
- Wrap it up. Securely bubble wrap all fragile  items to ensure they arrive intact. And for sanitary reasons, leave everything in its ORIGINAL wrapping. Ziplock baggies are a good idea because it will keep sand and other things out of your items. So Ziplock everything.
- Include a letter. Who doesn’t love getting that kind of mail? (We sure do.) A big smile will definitely appear on the face of the soldier who receives your card.