Action Tips: No-Tan Pledge
DoSomething.org and Seventeen are here to support you prevent skin-cancer. If you're looking to lead a movement encouraging students not to tan, print off the pledge and get get friends and classmates to sign.
I promise to…
- Treat my skin with kindness by keeping it protected when I am in the sun.
- Stop using tanning beds, because they cause sun spots, premature aging, and even skin cancer.
- Appreciate my body and the natural color of my skin.
- Guarantee myself a lifetime of healthy skin by taking care of it now, and not putting off worrying about it until I’m older.
- Remind myself that the celebrities and models I see in movies and magazines aren’t baking away in tanning beds – they have professional spray tanners who help them fake a golden glow.
- Understand that a healthy glow doesn’t come from a tan – it comes from being confident in your own skin.