Do you cringe whenever you see chocolate and flowers in a store? Does watching couples in love make you upset? These symptoms can only mean one thing: Valentine’s Day is near.
Just because you’re single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you should spend the day mourning. There are many benefits to being single that will turn your V-Day from a day of tears to a day of cheers.
- No Morning Breath Worries. Instead of sneaking into the bathroom to cover up your bad breath before your sweetheart wakes up or comes over, you can roam around your house worry free.
- A Healthy Bank Account. Doesn’t it feel nice to not have to worry about over-draft fees? By not having to pay for dinner or flowers, you can avoid debt and save up for that item you always wanted.
- No Tummy-Aches. It is hard to stop eating chocolates when they're all arranged in a heart-shaped box. Not having a valentine will save you from 1,400 unwanted calories this year.
- No Gift Stress. Speaking of saving money, save stress. Reading someone’s mind is impossible, especially when trying to decide what he or she wants for Valentine’s Day. Being single on Valentine’s Day saves you from stressful decisions like whether to get red roses or pink.
- You Don’t Have To Lie. Not all valentines can get the perfect gift. If you hate the gift you received or did not like dinner, you don’t have to worry about forcing a smile all night.
- No Chick Flicks or Action Films. Single girls don’t have to force their boyfriend into watching chick flicks or giving into watching action films. And guys don’t have to sit through three hours of Titanic pretending to be sad over Jack's death.
- Your Pet Will Be Safe. Two of the most popular Valentine’s Day gifts are hazardous to your pet’s health. If your dog consumes chocolate it can cause seizures, hyperactivity, and even death. If a cat eats any part of a lily it can lead to death.
- Drama Free. Whether couples fight over which restaurant to go to or which movie to watch, fighting is bound to happen to some couples. Luckily being single means no annoying fights.
- An Excuse To Stay In Your Pajamas. Instead of spending hours in front of your mirror getting ready for a fancy dinner, just stay in your pajamas all day and night. You could order take-out or work on your cooking skills.
- Friends and Family. Valentine’s Day is all about love, so why not spend the day with people you love? Have a girl or guy’s night with all of your single friends, or spend the night with family.
- More “You” Time. You can also dedicate the evening to yourself. Between school, work and other priorities, it is hard to have “you” time. By being single you can make Valentine’s Day all about you, not someone else.