Superstorm Sandy is one of the most devastating storms to hit the East Coast, leaving a path of destruction and damage worth billions. As emergency and transport services begin to rebuild, we’ve put together a list of places that could use your help.
- American Red Cross : there is a great need for blood donations . Host a blood drive at your school to help the shortage.
- Salvation Army : is serving those impacted by the Hurricane with food, clean-up kits, as well as emotional and spiritual care.
- Park Central Presbyterian : looking to collect 3,000 hygiene kits for The Community FoodBank of New Jersey. The kits should include: a hand towel (about 16”x 28”), washcloth, wide-tooth comb, nail clipper, bar of soap, new toothbrush, six Band-Aids. The items should be placed in a one-gallon plastic bag.
- AmeriCares : is providing medicine and other supplies to people affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- World Vision : is distributing flood clean-up kits, personal hygiene items, and emergency food kits.
- Church World Service : will ship various items to the Community FoodBank of NJ. Items include: 2,000 blankets, 3,000 school kits, 3,000 hygiene kits, 300 clean-up buckets, and 100 baby (layette) kits.
- Save the Children : is working to provide relief to families and their children.
- UWS Shelter : needs clothes in large sizes for Sandy evacuees at MS118, 154 West 93 St. in Manhattan.
- Feeding America : is working to distribute thousands of pounds of emergency food, water, and supplies to people in the disaster zone.
- Humane Society of the United States  and the American Human Association : have teams working to save animals caught in the storm.
- Samaritan’s Purse : is looking for volunteers to help rebuild after the storm passes.
Organize a blood drive at your school to help the supply shortage. GO