11 Mother's Day Gifts That Give Back (for Under $25!)
Mother's Day is coming up fast, so show your love with a gift that does double duty—all benefit or support a worthy cause. (Added bonus: All are under $25, so your sibs, dad, or grandparents might not mind pitching in!)
- If your troop-supporting mom has a sense of humor, she may let you spice up the lawn with this camo-clad garden gnome . Rockingly random!
- Women affected by war in Uganda make these yoga mat bags , perfect for yoga mommys. Support her hobby and the education and success of women abroad.
- Make Mom a healthy Sunday meal using Do Something.org grant winner Lizzie Marie Likness 's recipes. Her Tasty Tidbits include Sunrise Smoothies and Waffledillas.
- The eco-mom in your life will dig this coin purse , made from over 50% recycled material.
- If your mom loves your family dog almost as much as you, she'll appreciate the ASPCA Complete Guide to Dogs . The book offers dog care and training advice for over 150 breeds, and 650 aw-inducing photos.
- This cute scarf benefits Asha Handicrafts, an organization that sells handcrafted items and provides their makers with medical care and educational assistance for their children.
- If Mom's a baker, gift her these cause-ribbon cookie cutters that you can decorate with different colors to raise awareness around issues like cancer, autism, or HIV/AIDS. (We smell a bake sale !)
- Mom can avoid plastic bags and support disaster response when she carries this Japan Will Rise Again tote.
- You can never go wrong with jewelry! The Blue Buddha necklace will look great on your Mom and, full disclosure, also supports us !
- Don't let the feet that carried you when you were younger (and whinier) get burned at the beach this summer! These flip-flops (a pair of gifts!) will do the trick and help fight against breast cancer.