Irvington High School Do Something Club School is Cool Project: The main goal of this project is to target young people who are losing interest in their academics when they enter High School to give them the motivation and the insights on their futures. We have in mind to target freshmen. Studies have shown that within 3 weeks into the first year of high school has a big impact on the students. Either most students feel unmotivated due to the difference between their past academic lives or some feel motivated to keep going. Since high School is much tougher than other schooling, it creates a bigger impact in the students’ lives. In the other hand, there are students who are the top students of every class, but they reach a point where they feel burned out or not happy with their work then they lose the interest in what they once interest had. There are various types of students with different mindsets, but what they all have in common is that they forget about how important it is to graduate and pursue high studies. Most students are not able understand the value of their future lives since they are fine now; however, without knowing that, they lose the understanding of the importance of education and graduating and doing something productive with their lives. As a club, we would like to represent ourselves to create that change within their minds. It will be challenge however; we have planned few ways to execute this plan, which will create significance in them. The following explains some of the best plans and that we have as a club decided to do:
1. Create about 3 assemblies in the course of a school year. ( It will be a complete show )
2. During the Freshmen Orientation, make a Professional video to present.
3. As students, we can create that relation with the audience in which they will be able o relate themselves to.
4. Within the club, many motivated students have experienced the time in their life where they felt like quitting, but they drove themselves to success in life. Get them to speak at assemblies.
5. Work with the city council to present this to a city
6. Hold workshops to raise the interest in specific fields of careers (ex. Math, Science) many students are losing interest in those areas. We plan to achieve this as we build on our club. We will not be able to start off with everything. We will slowly build on what we can do.
7. Since this is a broad idea (Success) we plan to branch off with parts that specify into certain career interest. We have all these goals to achieve in getting the project to a successful status.
This project is not a project we as a club wish to finish and be done with within a one year span. We plan to keep this going for as long as possible. We have talked to our schools principle and teachers and they are excited for this project. They are all very supportive of this club and the project. This will not only improve the school’s students but it will create a difference in those lives who hated school once. That is the goal of our project. We want to create a big change in peoples’ lives, which they can remember in their life, through this.