We host programs that tackle issues that all at-risk girls ages 11-21 face in underprivileged communities here and abroad. The programs are:
1. Gorgeous Girls Program: which focuses on building self confidence for youth girls ages 11-21 who survived sexual/physical abuse and are living in underprivileged communities here and abroad. On a domestic level, we host our Break Up-to-Make-Up Drive/Gorgeous Faces Event where we collect un-used cosmetics from individual contributions and cosmetic company contributions. The items are then donated to a NYC Women’s shelter at Gorgeous Faces Day where girls of the selected Break Up to Make-Up Drive shelter, raid the donations, select the make-up they like, and then have it applied on them by volunteer make-up artists. Our international project is Care Kits From Girls Who Care where we fundraise to send Care Kits that contain: journals, folders, pens, pencils, clothing, books, and letters of inspiration to girls in developing countries that are facing physical/sexual abuse and because of it are lacking education.
2. Healthy Gorgeous Girls Program: The program works to educate and support young girls ages 11-21 domestically and internationally on health issues that young girls face such as: teen pregnancy, forced birth, STDs, and eating disorders. On a domestic level we host a Health Exposition Fair where vendors and speakers will speak to youth girls and educate them on healthy practices. On an international level, we visit, raise funds, and provide supplies for a women's clinic in a developing country.
3. Spotlight Girls Program: The Spotlight Girls Program is an initiative taken by Drop Dead Gorgeous Org to recognize girls making a difference in their respective communities regardless of economic or personal hardships. Spotlight Girls offers counseling, support and recognition to girls ages 11-21 living in underprivileged communities.
4. "When I See Me, I See Gorgeous" Program: This program works to change the perception of young girls ages 11-21 body image and physical appearance in order to make smart decisions, empower themselves and others.
5. We also stay/volunteer in a foreign country for 4-6 weeks to improve gender equality
6. We are planning a 6-week Day Camp for Drop Dead Gorgeous Girls interested in our organization and gaining leadership skills