On my first work day, about a dozen other scouts came to help me carry out my project. The first thing that we did was take out the old wooden logs and dispose of them. Then, my parents and I went to Don Robinson Sand & Gravel, where they were going to give me as much rock as I needed. We picked up about a cubic yard of road base to put under the blocks to prevent them from moving. While we were doing that, everyone else was digging 2 inch deep trenches around the beds to put the gravel into. The next step took the longest. We put 238 blocks around the outside of the beds and, using a level, made sure that they were exactly level. In the end, my project was a complete success. This spring the Kindergartners grew lettuce, carrots and squash in their new and improved flower beds.