Mama Tina’s Resource Center seeks to meet the needs of impoverished children who have been orphaned or abandoned because of a variety of uncontrollable circumstances in Kisumu, Kenya. Mama Tina provides basic needs (food, shelter, education and health care) to these children. With these basic needs met these children will have an opportunity to become successful members and leaders of society.
Current projects that we are working on include:
• Providing housing & education to orphans (currently provided for 45+ children).
• Providing at least 1 meal a day to over 100 people in the surrounding area.
• Helping young women who have been subject to abuse.
We are currently trying to expand by building wells to provide clean water for more people. It costs around $10,000 to build. Clean water reduces the chances of people contracting diseases such as cholera, malaria and dysentery.
We have many fundraisers we are currently undertaking and welcome any additional ideas. All proceeds from the current fundraisers will go directly to building these wells.
We will be holding a Mother’s Day Flower sale where we will be selling potted tulips along with a mixture of other assorted flowers. If you would like more information please feel free to contact us.
Our current needs include:
• More funds to build wells
• Expanding orphanage to include more children
• Providing multiple meals to people in the community
• Increasing our volunteer base
• Creating separate housing for male & female residents at Mama Tina’s
• Adding a medical facility