For our Get Out 'N Serve campaign, we will take 5 main steps:
1. Meet & Discuss- Youth Council meetings where we talk about the issues in our community & brainstorm how to solve these issues
2. Plan & Develop- create a calendar and action plan; create campaign materials and plan events
3. Implement- begin process of gaining support from businesses and organizations, as well as launching the campaign
4. Engage & Involve- gain student involvement, including signing up for volunteer opportunities and coming to events (benefit concert)
5. Maintenance- emailing out more volunteer opportunities, posting opportunities on county-wide Facebook page for teens, checking up with volunteers, offering support to new volunteers
Throughout the whole process we will track how many people are volunteering, the number of hours served by youth and will watch data from local surveys, as well as get qualitative data from programs that were served.
We will also hold 2 benefit concerts; one to target the adult community and one to target teens. Both concerts will highlight youth talent, and money raised will go to local youth-oriented charities. This is also an opportunity for active youth volunteers to share their stories about how they make a difference in the community, in order to inspire others to DO SOMETHING!