Benefit concert will be held by the group of young people at YWCA, composed of mostly "project city" members, to raise the fund for the students in the GED program at the YWCA of Queens.
Last year, students who were able to play their instruments among the Project City Program volunteered to help one of YWCA programs.
1. YWCA which we have been volunteering gave us some ideas which group that needed our help.
2. 7 members who were in the Program consisted of all different schools.
1 flute, 2 cellos, 1 clarinet (it's me Soonsung Park)
1 violin, 2 voclists.
3. Discussed each other for the project name first and it was "Little Voices" it means our little contribution can make a big difference.
4. Chose music and music parts, assigned the practice dates and time.
5. Looked for piano accompanist and arrangement music.
6. Made programs, printed tickets, got advertisements and sponsors.
We greatly appreciate that YWCA teacher who is in charge of this concert and some parents to help to get many advertisements and made programs and tickets.
Finally we got very good news.
Since early 2008, we have served over 125students.
Currently YWCA GED program have 54 enrolled and 25 on the waiting list.
Passing rate GED 100%
Our raised money from benefit concert can be a need of scholarships for job training certificate programs