---Stats from 2008---
Bio-diesel Fuel was used in all production buses and trucks.
-103,290 B20 gallons pumped on site
-Straight Diesel usage reduced by 21,858 gallons (20%)
-Used in 18 Trucks, 18 Buses, 3 Generators, 2 Mules
-CO2 emissions reduced by 333,028 lbs.
– 40,000 lbs of recyclables collected
– Recyclables account for a CO2 reduction of 400,000 lbs
– All Tour ad posters were printed on 100% recycled paper
– Tour books for production and bands were printed on 30% recycled paper
– Over 1,200 batteries were saved from potentially causing groundwater contamination and leaking heavy metals
– Hundreds of cell phones were collected for "Cell Phones for Soldiers"
Warped Tour Volunteer Clean-Up Day in Monterey-
– On August 12th, The VWT Eco Initiative brought 150+ bands, sponsors and crew members to work with Earth Echo International and the NOAA's Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary in an effort to impact the local environment positively
– Groups worked to cleanup beach trails, post anti littering signage, reintroduce native plant life in wetland areas by planting over 300 indigenous trees and clear seaweed from harbor and beach areas.
This summer, the Tour continued to expand on it's solar initiatives by building a solar stage for the Kevin Says Stage as well as utilizing solar panels (canopies) to power the entire Non- Profit Area
— Solar Stage used an estimated 662kWh of solar produced power.
-Solar Canopies had a production capacity of more than 200KW.
- These also hosted many smaller scale, solar powered performances from bands like The Academy Is, Tat, Panima,Between the Trees, and The Color Fred.
— The solar use / production equaled the averaged per household electricity usage in 2001 of 888kWh / month.
- Between the two, add in an estimated savings of an additional 380 gallons of diesel, resulting in a CO2 emission reduction of 8,360lbs.
That is 408,360 pounds of ACTUAL carbon reduction...not carbon credits or offsets but CO2 diverted from the atmosphere by recycling and supporting the solar stages.
In conclusion: Bio-diesel+ Solar Power+ Recycling=742,218 lbs =total carbon emissions saved by the Warped Eco Initiative this summer.