- Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
- 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4 percent of the time.
- Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
- 1 in 7 students in grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
- 56 percent of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
- Over two-thirds of students believe that schools respond poorly to bullying, with a high percentage of students believing that adult help is infrequent and ineffective.
- 71 percent of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- 90 percent of 4th through 8th graders report being victims of bullying.
- 1 out 10 students drop out of school because of repeated bullying.
- Harassment and bullying have been linked to 75 percent of school-shooting incidents.
- Physical bullying increases in elementary school, peaks in middle school and declines in high school. Verbal abuse, on the other hand, remains constant.
Raise awareness about this issue at your school. GO
Sources: NASP Make Beats, Not Beat Downs