FLOC is currently recruiting volunteer tutors for summer 2013. Our one-on-one tutoring program helps students achieve grade-level competency in reading and math. In just 22 hours of tutoring, students improve an average of 1 year in reading and math skills while gaining confidence in their abilities.
We need your help! Each new volunteer allows us to impact the life of one more child. Training and ongoing professional support from staff are provided, so no experience is necessary! However, we are looking for a few particular qualities from our tutors:
• Creativity and flexibility
• Fluency in the English language. (Volunteers who are not native speakers of American English may be asked to tutor only in our math curriculum.)
• A sense of humor!
• Able and willing to commit for the full summer.
Will you join us as a volunteer tutor this summer? The commitment is 2.5 hours twice a week, in one of two programs:
• Reading tutoring, Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:45-8:15pm
• Math tutoring, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:45 to 8:15pm.
Both programs will be held at our Adams Morgan office at 1763 Columbia Road NW. The program will run from June 24-August 1.
How to Apply:
Complete a volunteer application at www.floc.org/get-involved/volunteer or contact Elizabeth Metz, Recruitment and Outreach Manager at email@example.com or 202-349-3512.