If I were to receive funding for this project I would commit to the following in this order:
1. Recruit volunteers interested in having fun while promoting safe driving habits
2. Acquire an array of gaming systems from the volunteers. The gaming systems will support the driving simulations.
3. The day before the project I will buy lots of chips and dip as snacks.
4. During the car driving simulations I will order sufficient pizza to feed the volunteers and participants.
a. The driving simulation game works as follows:
b. What you will need:
i. Gaming systems (X-box, PS 1, 2, or 3, Wii, etc.)
ii. Driving simulations
iv. Location (Sean’s House)
v. Chips and Dip
vii. Beach Balls
c. The Rules:
i. One person is operating the virtual vehicle of their choice at a time
ii. The rest of the participants observe
iii. If the driver makes I through the course they get some pizza
iv. If the driver damages the vehicle or breaks any laws during the simulation. The observing participants get to throw beach balls at them, the driver is ejected from the game, and another driver replaces him.
v. Multiple games can be going on at the same time with multiple gaming systems, drivers, and TV’s.
vi. Once a driver is out they cannot have another turn until everyone else has cycled thru.
i. Make it thru the simulation to get pizza and avoid getting hit by beach balls.
i. The participants learn that safe driving is the only way to win.
5. The game will continue until all the participants have played
6. In the end the pizza will be given to anyone who didn’t get any, and to the volunteers
7. After eveyrone's done playing and eating, we will talk about what we should do to become better drivers.
8. Then we will use the supplies that I bought to create posters and stuff to hang around town to tell other people to drive safe.