Atlas Initiative for Public Education is a Pennsylvania nonprofit organization dedicated to informing members of the public education community about current research, evidence-based practices, and other topics pertinent to the advancement of public education. We carry out this mission to support educators in creating learning environments where the following values are prioritized:
* promoting respect and appreciation for diversity within the public education setting
* deciding upon evidence-based interventions to support students with diverse academic and social/emotional needs
* using standardized and/or curriculum-based assessment data to inform instruction
* linking assessment data to academic and behavioral interventions
* incorporating inclusive practices into the general education classroom
* ensuring a match between instructional styles and individual student needs
* expanding the repertoire of differentiated instructional practices among educators
* improving collaboration among parents, educators, and other members of the public education community to promote the academic and social/emotional growth of students
We will accomplish our mission primarily through the production and distribution of educational documentaries and recorded training programs designed specifically for teachers, administrators, support staff, parents & other community members, and college & graduate students enrolled in teacher/administrator training programs.
Recognizing the importance of collaboration among practicing professionals and experts in the field, we also aim to coordinate opportunities for professional consultation and technical assistance for educators seeking to implement student-centered, evidence-based strategies.