The mission of Funding the Community is to consult student groups on fundraising and volunteerism to increase philanthropy on campus. Funding the Community will work closely with organizations to clearly outline a charitable goal towards increasing community involvement and improving fundraising.
1. To help organizations brainstorm and identify a community or charity they wish to support.
2. To help organizations create a plan. (ex. Organize an event, coordinate volunteer hours, etc.)
3. Create a set of successful fundraising ideas to be published on the internet for the access of other students.
4. For members of Funding the Community to build communication, leadership, and organizational skills which they can use throughout their lives.
5. Promote volunteerism across campus.
6. To survey the amount of volunteer hours and donations taken each semester to later track our impact on the campus in the upcoming semesters.
7. Bring together different student groups with similar goals to collaborate and support each other’s projects.