Youth Advisory Council - Spring 2014
DoSomething.org’s Youth Advisory Council is comprised of young people from across the continent dedicated to creating change in their communities and inspiring others to do the same.
Why: DoSomething.org cares about hearing from our members who are using our resources which is why Spring 2014 YAC members will be campaign co-creators alongside our campaign team leads. YACers will correspond weekly with campaign leads regarding the development of campaign ideas, so they can provide feedback on which issues are most interesting, how feasible ideas are in their community, and what their experience is running another YAC member’s campaign. This is an incredible mentorship opportunity and resume builder as well as a chance to have campaign ideas published (oh... and service hours)!
What is required: Applicants should be prepared to contribute an average of 2 hours each week. Specific requirements are listed below.
- Commit to be an active DoSomething.org rep in your community
- Connect with and support fellow YAC members through our private Facebook group
- Complete preset required weekly initiatives (you can view a basic schedule here).
- Correspond weekly with assigned campaign lead (view campaign leads here).
- Participate in 1 pre-scheduled kickoff and training session google hangouts (early Feb)
- Contribute 2 fully developed campaigns (one in February, one in March).
- Run one fellow YACers campaign idea (April) and send in a wrap report.
When: Spring 2014 YAC applications are due on January 19th and the term runs from January 26th until May 18th. The process is very competitive as only a few council members are selected and assigned to each campaign lead.
Who: Applicants must be high school or college students age 14-22 and have accounts on DoSomething.org.