Sometimes people won't recycle because they simply don't see the bin or they don't know what goes in it. Encourage proper recycling by painting bins to make the process easier.
- Get permission. Obviously, the school administration, community center director, or your parents will need to be okay with.
- Research. Go on the website of your local recycling center and find out what materials are accepted and how they should be sorted.
- Plan your design. Sketch out the images you'll be painting on the side of the bins. Make sure the pictures clearly represent things like cans, bottles, etc.
- Start painting.
- Paint the entire bin in a bright color to draw attention.
- Once dry, paint on pictures of things that go inside in a darker color (i.e. glass bottles, aluminum cans, etc.).
- Clearly write what materials go in the bin underneath their pictures.