The sun is shining, birds are chirping, and flowers are starting to bloom—it’s officially the first day of spring! What could be better? We’ve compiled a list of famous quotes to kick off this gorgeous day.
- “Spring is nature's way of saying, ‘Let's party!’” -Robin Williams
- “Spring—an experience in immortality.” -Henry D. Thoreau
- “A little madness in the spring is wholesome even for the King.” -Emily Dickinson
- “I do a version of spring cleaning, which is sort of recycling, streamlining, and divesting myself of unneeded accumulation.” -Jeff Goldblum
- "Spring is when life's alive in everything.” -Christina Rossetti
- "I think my favorite thing about seasons changing is the opportunity to look different.” –Taylor Swift
- “It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” -Mark Twain
- “The weather here is gorgeous. It’s mild and feels like it’s in the eighties. The hot dog vendors got confused because of the weather and thought it was spring, so they accidentally changed the hot dog water in their carts.” -David Letterman
- “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” -Margaret Atwood
- “Florals? For spring? Ground breaking.” - Samantha Mathis as Miranda Priestly (“Devil Wears Prada)
- “The only thing that could spoil a day was people. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.” -Ernest Hemingway
What can you do?
Want to see many more springs to come? Here are some tips on making the world a little greener.