Unapologetic. It’s the name of Rihanna’s new album, but it also describes her overall attitude.
She didn’t apologize for her interview with Oprah where she called Chris Brown the “love of her life,” or the kiss the two shared at this year’s MTV VMAs, and she’s definitely NOT apologizing for the recently tweeted pic of a shirtless Brown lying in an unmade bed.
Now, none of these things would be a problem if it weren’t for a little incident three years ago. You know…the one where Brown brutally beat Rihanna and pleaded guilty to assault. Yeaa. Imagine our surprise and millions of others when RiRi not only forgave, but seemingly forgot, as evidence from her tweet: "All alone in my big ole jet!!! See u soon lover." (The two spent Thanksgiving together.)
Dating abuse is no joke. Know the facts:
- Only 33 percent of teens who were in an abusive relationship ever told anyone about it.
- Dating violence is the leading cause of injury to young women.
- About 40 percent of teen girls ages 14 to 17 say they know someone their age who has been hit or beaten by a boyfriend.
- Women ages 20 to 24 are at the greatest risk for intimate partner violence.
- Teen victims of dating violence are more likely to abuse drugs, have eating disorders, and attempt suicide.
Create a 1 in 3 dating abuse bracelet and give them out to your classmates. GO