Your heart has one of the toughest jobs around. It beats about 100,000 times a day, not to mention the effort it takes to pump blood through your body.
Whew, just thinkin’ about that has us exhausted. Here’s a list of amaze-balls celebs and noteworthy young people in support of a strong “beat.”
- Miley Cyrus. The singer/actress has a condition called tachycardia. Basically her heart beats faster than normal. She's teamed up with Shakira to record "Love & Rock" to help raise funds for children with severe heart problems.
- Alec Gellis. This DoSomething.org member (one of many) took part in our I <3 Dad campaign. And had his dad get his blood pressure tested.
- Hillary Duff. The actress took a walk on the red side, when she participated in The Heart Truth’s Red Dress Fashion show. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) introduced the Red Dress as the national symbol for women/heart disease awareness back in 2002. Jordan Sparks, Venus Williams, and Minka Kelly have also walked the runway.
- Our Staff. We gave our dads a gift that keeps on giving. And took them to get their blood pressure tested. (Yep, we just self-promoted.)
- Pat LaFontaine. The NHL Hall of Famer has supported "Dreams From the Heart Camp," which makes it possible for children with severe congenital heart disease to have the "camp" experience.
What Can You Do?
Don’t waste any more time.