The One Big Idea
DoSomething.org is creating a movement of young people kicking ass on causes that matter to them. Because, let's be honest: apathy sucks.
Check out our recent quarterly dashboard  to read about our success. We don’t like to brag - so we let the numbers do it for us.
11 Facts About DoSomething.org in 2012-2013
- 2.4 million young people took action through our campaigns  in 2012.
- We have 2,439,780 members  doing badass stuff to improve their communities and the world.
- Our 1,476,000 mobile subscribers take action and text us all about it.
- 424,653 people like us on Facebook. 
- 670,250 people follow us on Twitter. 
- We gave young people $240,000 in scholarships  in 2012.
- We increased our campaign participants by 590% from 2011 to 2012.
- Our members collected 1,020,041 pairs of jeans for homeless youth through our Teens for Jeans campaign.
- Our members recycled over 1,189,761 aluminum cans through our 50 Cans  campaign.
- Our members wore and sent over 79,898 pairs of Thumb Socks to fight texting and driving through our Thumb Wars  campaign.
- 93.871 members stood up to bullying through our Bully Text campaign.