Visual arts extend way beyond drawing and painting. Help your classmates discover what kind of artistic expression suits them best by bringing in experts to teach various classes and workshops. When you help your friends experiment, we guarantee everyone will find something they like.
- Is there a t-shirt design studio, a local jewelry maker, or a paper store in town? Make a list of local artisans, businesses and their contact info.
- What about a local college or university? Check out their art department. Chat with students who might know a thing or two, as well as professors.
- Look within the family. Maybe you have a cousin who printed incredible Christmas cards last year and who might have some time to help you out.
- Graphic and digital design
- Textiles (weaving, sewing, dying, etc.)
- Jewelry making and other metal work, wire work, or bead work
- Candle making
- Print making (this one is particularly excellent for art class)