Keep the homeless warm this season!
Instead of tossing your way to small coat in the trash, hold a coat drive to help the homeless stay warm during the chilly winter weather.
- Contact a family, homeless shelter or an agency  that will accept your coats before you start your collection.
- Remember to ask them:
- Do you give the coats away free to those in need?
- How would you get the coats (i.e. would you pick them up or would you want us to drive them over to your center)?
- Can you give coats to both kids and adults?
- Is there a limit on how many coats you can accept?
- Can we mention your name/organization when we tell people about our drive?
- Set a date and time that you will drop off your coats.
- Find a place that will host your drive like your school or local church.
- Advertise it.
- Get it in the school's morning announcements.
- Make a Facebook page or group.
- Ask people to promote it on Twitter.
- Make your drive a location to check-in on Foursquare.
- Be sure to include the dates to drop off, where the bins are located, times to drop off your coat, drop off requirements (no kid coats, nothing ripped, etc.), and who the coats will go to.
- Officially end the drive by posting the number of donations you collected in the common space where the drive was located. Also put the news on the internet sources you used.
- Whether the organization is picking the coats up or you are dropping them off, follow through with donating the coats on the date you agreed on.