Give your mom the Mother's Day she deserves. Use these gift ideas to make her happy and do good. Your mom's the one would taught you to help others after all.
- Plant a tree in her honor.
- Get her a shelter pet . Run this one by her first. Seriously.
- Plant a backyard (or windowsill) garden  for her. It's like a bouquet squared.
- Get her tickets to a community theater production. You'll be supporting the arts and making sure you don't go broke.
- Set up a day to volunteer at a soup kitchen  so you can have time together and give back. Hasn't your mom been bugging you about some bonding?
- Pack a picnic and take her to a trail so you can get in some exercise before you eat. And since you get in your fitness you'll both feel better about chowing down on all your favorite foods.
- Cook her an organic meat-less dinner. Tip: vegan cupcakes are delicious.
- Create a mix tape for her of only bands that have strong ties to charity work ie.U2 .
- Fashion her some trendy and eco-friendly jewelry using only recycled material. It'll be way cooler than another Pandora bead.
- Make her stationary using recycled paper.
- Sign you and her up for a charity 5k. She might not thank you during, but she'll appreciate it in the end.
What can you do?
- Tell us about what you did  for your mom.