Jared Eng , celebrity blogger who runs Just Jared , is dishing out more than just the hottest Hollywood headlines. We mentioned  earlier this year that Jared teamed up with JewelMint  to provide the sale of Brixton Earrings, which support DoSomething.org. Now, thanks to Jared and JewelMint's efforts, teens will receive some great support through the Summer Jobless Grants .
This summer's teen unemployment rate is at 75% (a 20% increase from 2000). The Summer Jobless Grants help young people cover the costs of their volunteer efforts (i.e. space, supplies, transportation, etc.).
"DoSomething.org has always been on my mind, and I wish I had an organization like it when I was a teenager," Jared told us, "It opens up to so many doors to kids and young adults."
Thanks Jared! Here are some of the young people that Jared Eng has helped with this charitable campaign:
- Alex Epstein . His project works to improve communities in Philadelphia and New Orleans through urban farming.
- Megan Reddell . This grant winner runs a camp that unites special needs campers with volunteers to help break down social stigmas.
- Brenda Escutia . She plans to host a festival that advocates healthy living and safety in her community. The event will feature live entertainment, a health fair, and teen activities.
- Marisa Schreiber . Her art therapy program allows children with disabilities or long-term illnesses to express themselves, to gain confidence, and to improve their social skills.
- Kevin Ji . He and his volunteers maintain a community garden and urban farm for those living in poverty. The project also teaches low-income families to manage their own sustainable plots.